- Pontiac Solstice
- Fuel Type:
- Exterior Color:
- Drive Type:
ONE OF 86 AGGRESSIVE RED TURBO COUPES MANUFACTURED
This breaks my heart. I have to sell one of my cars that I always wanted, a 2009 Pontiac Solstice hardtop coupe GXP. I love this car. Its turbo four cylinder is the best of both worlds, providing usable torque and acceleration, as well as surprisingly good fuel mileage for a sports car. Current mileage just passed 85,000. For the mileage, this car is in great condition and has been excellently maintained.
This Solstice was #306 of the 1,266 coupes ever produced. This one is ONE OF 86 AGRESSIVE RED TURBO COUPES MANUFACTURED. Haggarty has consistently ranked the Solstice Coupe as a “Future Classic” and one of the top collectible cars to buy now. Lower mileage versions of these same coupe are sold for north of $25000. Google “Haggerty Solstice Coupe” to find several articles citing this car as one to own. Frankly I should keep this car. The only reason for selling it is to make space for other projects that at this point in my life, I rather do. Here is one Solstice Coupe you can BUY and DRIVE. It has several modifications noted below. These make this Solstice even more fun and unique. I still have most of all the stock parts I have replaced. Just in case in the future you want to return it all to original. THESE ARE ALL INCLUDED.
1. DDM Works Brace bundle - If you do anything to a Solstice, this is it. These pieces are amazing. The effect on the drivability of your car is simply spectacular.
· Backbone, Transmission brace - stiffens up short section height "U" channel and making the chassis stiffer. Allows suspension to work better and not twist as much. 30% improvement over stock.
· "Venom” Front Chassis brace - Simple but very effective
· Probeam, Rear suspension brace - Gives a more solid platform for the rear suspension, greatly improving the ride quality.
2. DDM Works Center Console with cup holders
3. DDM Works Performance Exhaust Systems
· This is Solo’s mid-range sounding exhaust kit. It is not a noisy exhaust. Some attributes of the system are: Fully polished stainless-steel cat back exhaust kit. Classed as moderate sounding high performance.
· Front Pipe - 3” mandrel bent polished stainless steel, Laser cut stainless steel flange, Heavy duty double braided flex pipe is used, A very precise handmade flare is on the front pipe to alleviate having to reduce the pipe to 2 ½”.
· Mid-Section - Dual 2 ½” pipes are used in this mid-section. This does not restrict the flow as dual 2 ½” pipes flow more than a single 3”.
· Rear Section: This muffler is heavily packed with ceramic fiber and stainless-steel wool; it is a true X design muffler. Made from stainless steel. We made and toned this muffler specifically for the 2.0 Turbo, Ecotec engine. This muffler is only 11” long. It’s quite likely the shortest dual in dual out X design muffler that there is available. The tails flow into a beautifully crafted beveled 4” angle cut full-bodied stainless-steel exhaust tips manufactured by Solo Performance.
4. Jet coated Exhaust Manifold
5. Hahn Performance - High Performance Intercooler
· With a whopping 850 cubic inches of core volume, this monster dwarfs the stock unit's volume by 200%!
· Computer aided design (CAD) to create super-trick cast aluminum end tanks that actually function as hi-flow air manifolds. They eliminate the power-robbing turbulence that hobbles the stock tanks. These polished, sculpted end tank manifolds not only outflow the very limited stock design, they are also worlds ahead of the simple, turbulent sheet metal end tanks that compromise other available upgrade designs.
· 4" thick, 27" wide, 8" tall bar and plate core.
· This core is uniquely designed, specifically for GXP.
· With enough capacity to effectively support over 700 HP.
· Provides unprecedented heat-soak protection.
· Critical cooling airflow to the radiator is not compromised.
· Dyno testing has shown up to a 27 WHP increase on otherwise stock car.
· Due to the significantly improved airflow this unit provides power and response improvements at all RPM’s and throttle positions.
· The design has meaty 2.5" piping configuration.
6. GM Performance Part No.: 19157849 air Intake Kit
· This Performance Air Intake is an attractive aluminum tube that will stay highly polished thanks to a maintenance free clearcoat finish.
· The free-breathing air filter is non-oiled --- which means it won't interfere with the computer sensors
· Features an orange outer cover with the GM Performance Parts logo.
7. Performance Auto Werks 46.5mm turbo upgrade
· Supports up to 375hp, Exhaust side porting, Excellent response, billet compressor wheel
8. Turbosmart Billet Kompact Recirculating Blow Off Valve
· superior flow, and greater structural integrity under boost – they will not give up
9. Custom GXP logo floor mats
10. Custom Panasonic navigation, rear view camera, blue tooth, XM radio in stock location.
11. Billet aluminum slide-out beverage holder
· Replaces cheap factory plastic cup holder
12. RPM-Motorsports Upgraded charge pipes
· Mandrel bent mild steel for smooth curves and superior airflow.
· Precision C&C sensor block for OEM style fitment, built to a tolerance of 1/1000"
· Increase's airflow over 3800rpms due to the flat spots in the factory pipes.
13. RPM-Motorsports HIGH FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER DOWN-PIPE
· Ceramic coated for added thermal insulation (Keeps heat out of the engine bay)
· 3" Mandrel Bent Pipe with an industry leading fewest welds in market
· Precision water jetted flanges to ensure a perfect seal.
· Allows factory & Aftermarket Turbochargers to expel exhaust gas more efficiently translating to less turbo lag and greater HP
14. OEM GM Opel antenna – The Kappa platform was used by Saturn, Pontiac, and Opel, as all were owned by GM at the time. The Opel had an antenna that wasn’t taller than the car and still functions just as well as the original. This is the antenna currently on the car.
15. 3M Ceramic window tint – The goal was not darkness, simply heat reduction. The 3M ceramic tint has been installed professionally. The reduction in visibility is minimum, but the reduction in heat is palpable. Ceramic tint also does not fade like dye-based tints would over time.
16. GM Performance Upgrade Kit - Increase horsepower up to 290 @ 5,200 rpm and torque up to 340lbs. Includes new calibration (done by the local dealer) and two new MAP sensors. Premium fuel is required.
Although this car has never been on the dyno. Current horsepower should be around 325 to 350 with all the modifications performed. This is with NO aftermarket computer calibration.
Brief history of the Pontiac Solstice Coupe:
Make no mistake this is a RARE FUTURE COLLECTIBLE.
IN 2009 PONTIAC MOTOR DIVISION STOPPED PRODUCTION ON ALL PONTIACS. THIS PONTIAC SOLTICE GXP COUPE JUST STARTED PRODUCTION WHEN THEY PULLED THE PLUG ON PONTIACS. ONLY 1266 GXP COUPES WERE PRODUCED, 781 GXP COUPES, 555 WITH AUTOMATICS. THIS IS ONE OF 86 AGRESSIVE RED TURBO COUPES MANUFACTURED
A Targa coupe version of the Solstice was unveiled at the 2008 New York Auto Show. Engine choices are the same as the convertible versions. The roof can be removed, but the hard roof cannot be fitted into the trunk.
The car went on sale in early 2009. The Pontiac Solstice Coupes are considered to be quite rare: There were a total of 1,266 Solstice Coupes that were able to be manufactured before the production line in Wilmington, Delaware was shut down: 102 pre-production 2009 models, 1,152 sequentially-vin'd regular production 2009 models, and 12 pre-production 2010 models. This is in contrast to over 64,000 of the Pontiac Solstice Convertibles that were manufactured.
The GXP version of the Solstice debuted at the Los Angeles Auto Show in January 2006. It is powered by a new 2.0 L (121.9 cu in) I4 Ecotec engine equipped with a dual-scroll turbocharger. The engine's output is 260 hp and 260 lbft torque This is the highest specific output of any engine by cubic inches in the history of General Motors at 2.1 hp (1.6 kW) per cubic inch, and it is the first gasoline direct injection engine from an American automaker. According to pontiac.com, the GXP goes 0 to 60 mph in under 5.5 seconds. A significant increase over the 2.4 L non turbo versions 0-60 mph of 7.0 seconds.
Other GXP features include standard Stabilitrak traction control, a limited-slip differential, and anti-lock brakes. 18-inch wheels are standard. An available dealer installed option was a modified computer tune and two new sensors that resulted in an increased output to 290 bhp 294 lbft torque further enhancing the performance of the GXP model. This Solstice has that dealer installed option
-2-wheel drive- rear, Automatic transmission
-Polished aluminum wheels
-Power locks, doors, and windows
-4 Wheel disc brakes
-Limited slip differential
-Theft deterrent system
-Daytime running lamps
-4-wheel independent suspension
-Bilstein monotube shocks
Some of the information noted was obtained from:
Some other information noted was obtained from what the seller believes to be a reputable site/s: Buyers should verify all information for accuracy, Seller has not verified the complete accuracy of this information.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO ASK QUESTIONS and look at the CAR.
The buyer is welcome to arrange shipping for the vehicle, but pick up is certainly a viable option as well. I would confidently drive the car anywhere.